A treat for you and your loved one...
My girl, ya know what’s missing in your kitchen today? Some of these sexy dark chocolate brownie bites. Every now and then (especially in my luteal phase) I start to crave a little bit of decadence, a little bit of mouth pleasure, and a little more magnesium too. Raw cocoa is one of nature’s superfoods and it’s here to make you feel so GOOD.
Did you know there is actually scientific evidence showing that dark chocolate (without sugar) is a powerful antioxidant which by consuming can help to improve your hormones, reduce bloating, and soothe the spirit?! (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4696435/)
Eating a little dark chocolate is also a perfect way to spark a little playfulness with your lover before heading to the bedroom.
If you don’t believe me, make them for yourself and let us know how it goes.
- 1 medium large sweet potato (cooked and mashed)
- 1 egg (or substitute a “chia egg”: 1 Tbsp chia seeds + 2 Tbsp water, stir, and let sit for 5 min)
- ½ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (or ghee)
- ¼ cup raw cocoa
- 5 pitted dates (you can also use coconut sugar or maple syrup)
- ½ cup raw cocoa chocolate chips
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp celtic salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Ashwagandha
- Optional Add ins: ½ cup of Raspberries (fresh or dried) ½ cup crushed macadamia nuts
- In a food processor add your mashed sweet potato, dates, spices, and almond butter. Process until smooth.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan melt your oils and the raw cocoa on low
- Once the oils have melted, transfer your ingredients from the food processor to a large mixing bowl, add your egg, flour, and remaining ingredients and mix well with a fork. Slowly pour in the oils. You want your mixture to be pretty thick, so you may need to add a tiny bit more oil or coconut flour depending on what your consistency is.
- Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips and any other optional add ins (like nuts or berries)
- Transfer to an 8 inch pan lined with parchment paper, bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 2 hours before serving
Special Ingrediants We Used
Raw Cocoa Chocolate Chips from Hu Gems Chocolate
Special Sun Potion discount for The Shakti School community! For the whole month of February with ALL Sun Potion orders, receive 15% with code SHAKTISUN.
Sprouted Almond Butter from Better Almond Butter
Use promocode GHEESPOT at checkout for $5 off your order.