Effective Date: April 15, 2022
Welcome to Shakti School, LLC (“Shakti School” or “we”). Shakti School’s mission is to uplift and nurture feminine-form Ayurveda & yoga, and the rise of women stepping into their spiritual and creative authority.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this our website, theshaktischool.com (“Website”) or through our Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through events we host.
Information We Collect About You
“Personal information” is information that directly or indirectly identifies you, such as your name, email address, or other identifying information about you, or that would, when combined with other information you provide or that is broadly available, be likely to identify you.
You may interact with Skakti School in ways that require we gather Personal Information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we may request contact information (e.g. name and email address), your location while using the Services, plus such other information as we may believe useful, including financial or other information, depending on the nature of the transaction contemplated. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is legal and appropriate. If you do not wish for Shakti School to collect any information about you, you can simply not utilize the Website or any of the Services or otherwise supply Personal Information. Your choice not to provide information may, however, prevent you from using or engaging in certain activities on the Website or Services.
“Other information” is information that is not personal information, that is, by itself, it does not individually identify you, such as browser type, operating system, technical data, and usage. Like most website operators, we collect other information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available to operators, like the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. We may use this information for a number of purposes including, for example, to better understand how our visitors use our website. The purposes for collecting and using this data may change from time to time at our discretion, and we may release non-personal information in the aggregate. By using the Website or utilizing any of the Services, you agree to such use.
How We Collect Information
We may collect information in the following ways:
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information from you directly when interacting with the Website or Services. The information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our Services, or purchasing our products. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the Choice and Access section below
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To send you information regarding the Services, promotional materials, changes to our terms and to notify you of new products or services that may be of interest to you;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new Services, enhancing our Services, and identifying trends.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of these communications as described in the Choice and Access section below.
When We Share Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- With our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, to enable them to provide services.
- As we believe necessary or appropriate (i) under applicable law, (ii) to comply with legal process, (iii) to enforce our terms, (iv) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property and operations, and (v) in the event of any reorganization, merger, change of control, joint venture, or other business combination.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Shakti School’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Shakti School about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To introduce you to other members of your class, with your consent.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Shakti School, our customers, or others.
Third Party Websites
In order to provide you with other helpful information, our Services contain links to third party websites. We have no control over third party websites and they have different privacy practices. The existence of a link is not intended to be, and should not be taken as, an endorsement by us of any product or service that may be available through those websites.
We maintain a reasonable standard of security and try to limit information access to individuals who need to have access to perform their responsibilities associated with our Services. Despite these efforts, no system can ever be 100% secure. By using our Services, you are agreeing to assume this risk and any and all responsibility and liability that may arise.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website, in online sessions, and with cohorts you meet through the Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
If you are a registered user of the Website or Services or have supplied your email address, you agree that we may further send you emails to provide you with information, to inform you of new products, to solicit your feedback, or to keep you up to date on the Shakti School and its products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. You may choose not to receive marketing communications from us as described in the Choice and Access section below.
Choice and Access
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may use the opt-out mechanism described in that email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Deleting information may require us to delete your account. In some cases, we may not accommodate a request to delete, for example, if the law requires us to keep such information, or if we need the information to continue to provide you with Services or products you have requested. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites and online services that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Such browser features and industry standards are not uniform, so our websites and online services do not respond to those signals.
The Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 believes the child has provided personal information to us, please notify us at [email protected].
Information for California Residents
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, however. California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us.
The rights above are separate from rights that consumers may have under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Please note that, at this time, we do not meet the thresholds to be considered a “business” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act, and are, therefore, not currently subject to that law. Nonetheless, we respect your privacy rights, and you can find information about the choices you have regarding your personal information in the Choice and Access section above.