Ayurvedic Health Counselor
ONLINE CERTIFICATION TRAINING
Classes Start March 29, 2022
Shakti Ayurveda School – Level 2
The Level 2 Ayurvedic Health Counselor certification is a 300-hour yearlong study for graduates of the level 1 program who want to deepen their application of feminine-form medicine for an even greater impact on their growth, and the well-being of their community. Completion of Level 1 + Level 2 coursework and examination offers a 600-hour certification as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor.
Our Virtual Classroom Includes
↠ Weekly 3-hour lectures - Tuesday 2-5PM Eastern US Time.
↠ Monthly "Office Hours" live teleconference with a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist
↠ Daily access to our classroom - take the classes live/when released, or take them anytime at your convenience.
↠ Exclusive Facebook Group for your class so you can connect with classmates
↠ A beautiful manual you can print, or choose to have printed and sent to you
Level 2 - Ayurvedic Health Counselor
The Divine Feminine has called.
She wants you, your friends, family and communities to return to the simplest, but most powerful, ways of caring for themselves.
In Level 1 you learned about the HER rhythms, the cycles of nature, how to use food, and the elements to become the version of you that shines the brightest. Together we did deep work, unearthing what is hidden beneath the layers formed by our daily interactions and behaviors. You’re starting to hear the whispers underneath all the noise.
You’ve also learned how to take this wisdom into your community. To educate in the ways of diet and lifestyle that have the potential to drastically change the trajectory of a person’s life.
In Level 2 we continue our study of ancient methods for understanding pathology, how disease develops, deeper protocols for health and self-care, and the physical diagnostic tools, theory and philosophy for health coaching and case management.
We'll also dive deeper into Body Yantra — Katie's signature practice of Ayurvedic physiology and energetic anatomy.
Shakti School will certify graduates in Divine Feminine Ayurveda that complete all educational requirements of our Levels 1 & 2 programs (600-hours total) as Shakti School Ayurvedic Health Counselors, offering you a listing on our directory of certified practitioners.
This ancient science is vast, and we go further still.
Level 2 is an opportunity to learn about the pathology. How dis-ease moves through the layers of the body – subtle to gross. We’ll further explore the ways in which we can read the messages being shared to deeply support each unique individual in finding balance.
You’ll learn additional tools for growth and health to guide yourself and others into more spaciousness for becoming. Together we’ll hone your intuition and provide structure for the potential of this knowledge to flourish through you.
This 300-hour program is perfect for the seeker looking to work 1-on-1 more deeply, and become a conduit for more radical change to take place.
Core Components of Level 2:
- The pathways of dis-ease, how disease develops
- Introduction to diagnostic tools including pulse, tongue and eyes
- More therapies for pacifying the doshas, cultivating sattva, and balancing the gunas
- Ayurvedic counseling methodologies & case management
- Men's health
- Additional ways to identify and treat Ama in the body
- Graceful aging and the needs of Elders
- Ayurvedic needs of children and babies
- Protocols for common conditions
- Women’s Health - Psychology, Sexuality and Somatic/Trauma Unraveling
- Ayurvedic Herbology - commonly used formulas and healing oils, tinctures, teas, salves and other health-boosting preparations
- Yoga for Dosha and Marmavidya (Ayurvedic Energy Point Healing)
Upon Completion of the Program
Scope of Practice - Level 2
Graduates who are issued a certificate for the Ayurvedic Health Counselor program may use the information provided in this course for personal development and/or to guide individuals and groups through educational seminars and one-on-one sessions on the principles and practices of the Ayurvedic way of life and healing. This scope of practice emphasizes education on prevention of imbalances, addressing imbalances and on regaining wellness on all levels of being, using the life-enhancing modalities and philosophy of Ayurveda, Tantra and Feminine Form Medicine. Approaches include nutrition, lifestyle, meditation, Body Yantra, psychospiritual approaches, health promoting herbal education, goal-setting (sankalpa/dharma work), and designing preventive and complementary health routines according to holistic principles.
Assessment tools are used to determine the Vikriti (imbalances) of an individual’s body/mind; they work to realign unbalanced states of the doshas, ama, agni, dhatus, and malas. Those who have obtained this certificate do not diagnose or treat diseases.
- Meet with people one-on-one in the capacity of an Ayurvedic Health Counselor (with proof of proper insurance)
- Lead Ayurveda workshops in your yoga studio and community centers
- Provide education around nutrition, daily routine, seasonal cleansing and rejuvenation, digestive health, meditation, and women’s womb wellness
- Add Ayurvedic wisdom to your current yoga classes, bodywork practice or other healing modalities
- Be a part of a supportive community of colleagues
- Ownership of the beautiful Level 2 manual and "protocol" forms + handouts for easily creating a private practice
- Be an official Shakti School practitioner, including use of brand and logo + membership in an exclusive club of published practitioners
12-Month Payment Plan
18-Month Payment Plan
Participating Recognition Entities:
Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America. Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credit
Terms and Conditions
All deposits are nonrefundable: deposits are 20% of total tuition cost. All cancellations must be made by January 1st. Refund requests made prior to December 31st will include refund of the amount paid minus deposit. After January 1st, there are no refunds available except in cases of verified medical emergency. Please review the Ayurveda School Terms of Service in its entirety here.